Saturday, April 21, 2018

What is MEGS? A little history to start!

DC Heroes was originally produced by Mayfair Games back in the eighties. Also know as MEGS (Mayfair Exponential Gaming System), the game evolved into three editions with various supplements and modules along the way. If you count the fact the game system was licensed to Pulsar Games, a 4th edition was created, but the DC properties were stripped away for generic supers background.  That edition was named “Blood of Heroes” (BoH), which spawned a final book called “Blood of Heroes Special Edition”. While the BoH, did clear up some questions about the rules and present everything in one book, I felt the lack of DC setting the flavor that made the book interesting and compelling (at least to me). I will not be using BoH as a reference, but only if I really need to find a rule to clean something up that was confusing when writing up something. Sorry, if you are looking for BoH stuff, I am sure there is plenty of sites out there for information on that.

My experience with the system is that I have run various campaigns using the 1.5e/2e/3e rules, the biggest campaign I ran was called “The battle over the infinity rings” - Hey it was the early ‘90s the infinity gauntlet was the popular thing out in comics lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment